By accessing this site or participating in the Pet Slimmer Programme and/or competition you acknowledge and agree to all of our terms, conditions and privacy policies below (the 'Agreement'). If you do not agree to this Agreement, you are not authorized to access this site or participate in the Pet Slimmer Programme and/or competition . You also acknowledge and agree that we may modify this Agreement at any time, in our sole discretion; that all modifications to this Agreement will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on this site; and that you will review this Agreement regularly, so that you are aware of and agree to any and all modifications made to this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that all materials, including, without limitation, content, data, software, information, products and services, contained on or provided through this site or marketing materials used to participate in the Pet Slimmer Programme and/or competition ('Materials') placed by Hill's Pet Nutrition Limited or its group companies and Colgate-Palmolive Company are copyrighted. The brand names, logos, labels and package designs ('trademarks') that appear on this site belong to Hill's Pet Nutrition Inc., its group companies or its licensors where noted. By placing these trademarks on the site, Hill's is not granting a license to use or reproduce them. Marking of trademarks denotes Hill's trademark ownership status in the United States only. Status and markings of trademarks may vary by country. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may a) download press releases from our press section for the purposes of compilation of news stories or b) download or print single copies of Materials for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. The content may not be otherwise copied and may not be modified.
Hill's will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, but makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Hill's disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms relating to this website and its content or marketing materials used to participate in the Pet Slimmer Programme and/or competition, including any warranties, conditions and terms which may be implied and whether relating to quality, fitness for purpose, title, non-infringement or otherwise.
In no event shall Hill's be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for any loss of profits, exemplary or special damages, loss of sales, loss of revenue, loss of any software or data, loss of use of computer equipment, software or data, loss of or waste of management or other staff time or for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising. Hill's shall not be liable for damages of any kind arising out of your inability to access a Hill's maintained site or your reliance on the information on the site or marketing materials used to participating in the Pet Slimmer Programme and/or competition.
You acknowledge and agree that we, in our sole discretion, at any time and with or without notice, may block or terminate your or any other party's access to all or part of the site or any Materials, or change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the site or any Materials (including, without limitation, discontinuing the site in its entirety); and that, without limitation of any other provisions of this Agreement, we reserve the right to take any actions at law or in equity that we deem appropriate in connection with the site, Materials and this Agreement.
You also acknowledge and agree that, unless we specifically provide otherwise, any links on this site to other sites do not imply our endorsement of such sites or that we have any association whatsoever with the operators of such sites; that such sites are not under our control; and that we are not responsible for any materials (including, without limitation, any content, data, software, information, products or services) contained on or provided through such sites, or the appropriateness, decency, legality, copyright compliance, accuracy or any other aspect of such sites.
You acknowledge and agree that this site or marketing materials used to participate in the Pet Slimmer Programme and/or competition are intended for general consumer informational purposes only; that neither these nor any 'materials' are intended to constitute, and do not constitute, the practice or furnishing of medical or professional health care advice, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, content, data, software, information, products and/or services; and that you will always consult with your qualified provider for medical or health care advice, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, content, data, software, information, products and/or services. You also acknowledge and agree that any medical or health care provider or other directories or locators (including, without limitation, their contents and results) contained on or provided through this site are intended for general consumer informational purposes only, and do not imply our endorsement of such providers.
You acknowledge and agree that, notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, there may be certain secured areas of this site that will not be available to all consumers and will be limited solely to eligible, registered users. If you are a registered user of a secured area within this site, your user id and password will give you access to that particular secured area. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are solely responsible for all information and/or instructions that you transmit through this site using your user id and password.
You acknowledge and agree that use of this site and 'materials' are at your own risk, and are provided on 'as is' and 'as available' bases; that we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements of any kind with regard to this site or any 'materials' (including, without limitation, warranties of title, noninfringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose); and that we do not warrant or represent that this site or any 'materials' will be accurate, reliable, correct, useful, timely, uninterrupted, secure, defect-free or error-free (including, without limitation, free from viruses, worms, trojans, other malicious code or other harmful components). In jurisdictions not allowing the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties, our and our subsidiaries', affiliates', licensors' and suppliers' liability will be limited to the extent permitted by law.
You acknowledge and agree that in no event will we and/or our subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and/or suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages relating to the use, misuse or inability to use this site or any 'materials' (whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, and even if we and/or our subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and/or suppliers has or have been advised of a possibility of damages); and that if you are dissatisfied with, or claim any damages relating to, any portion of this site, any 'materials' or this agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this site and all 'materials'. In jurisdictions not allowing the exclusion or limitation of incidential or consequential damages, our and our subsidiaries', affiliates', licensors' and suppliers' liability will be limited to the extent permitted by law.
You acknowledge and agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless us and our subsidiaries, successors, assigns, affiliates, licensors and suppliers, together with all of their respective officers, directors, employees and consultants, against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) relating to your use, misuse or inability to use this site or any Materials, or to your violation of this Agreement, any laws, rules or regulations, or any rights of any third parties; that we reserve the right to exclusively defend and control any such indemnification matters; and that you will fully cooperate with us in any such defenses.
You acknowledge and agree that if you are located in any jurisdiction in the world where any common, statutory, regulatory, codified or other law, rule or regulation makes accessing this site or any Material inappropriate or illegal, or subject to consents or permissions that you yourself have not obtained, or voids this Agreement in whole or in part, then you are not authorized to access this site or any Material. You also acknowledge and agree that this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, excluding conflicts of law provisions; that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action relating to your use, misuse or inability to use this site or any Materials, or to this Agreement, will be in South Africa; that you will irrevocably submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action; and that you will irrevocably waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such court.
You acknowledge and agree that if any provision of this Agreement is held by any court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be not enforceable, then such provision will be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect; that this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings between you and us, whether oral or written, relating to any subject matter of this Agreement; that this Agreement may not be modified, in whole or in part, except by us and as otherwise might be specifically described elsewhere in this Agreement; and that anything contained on or provided through this site that is inconsistent with or conflicts with the terms of this Agreement is superseded by the terms of this Agreement.
The privacy policies described below are part of this Agreement. We respect the privacy of our online site visitors. We collect information on or through this site that can personally identify you only when it is voluntarily offered by you. For example, we collect personally identifiable information so that we can send you milestone notifications, rewards and opt in reminders, or to respond to visitor questions and comments about us and our products and services, to mail e-newsletters and to contact winners of contests and promotions.
Our site sometimes includes information about contests or promotions that we are offering or are offering jointly with another company, and we may allow you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the contest or promotion (for example, to contact you if you have won) and with your consent, to offer you products and services of ours and our joint contest or promotion sponsors. In addition, we may also collect demographic and other data for market research, advertising and promotional purposes.
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this site or to us by e-mail are on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products. Any information you send to this site must be truthful, not violate the rights of others and be legal.
Like many other companies, we may use 'cookie' technology, where our servers deposit special codes on a visitor's computer. This information helps us determine in the aggregate the total number of visitors to the site on an ongoing basis and the types of Internet browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g., Windows or Macintosh) used by our visitors. This information is used to enhance your online visits. In the contest of contests or promotions in which voting is required we may log your IP address and use other hardware identifiers in order to ensure compliance with the voting rules
This policy applies to the website and all Hill’s Pet Slimmer programme contest and promotion activities.
Hill’s Pet Slimmer Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition closes for entry on 15 August 2016.
- By entering this competition the participating practice and the owner of the pet (as the case may be or jointly and severally, if applicable) agree to abide by the terms of this competition.
- Only pets who achieve their ideal weight as determined by the participating practice are eligible to enter the competition. The pet must be at ideal weight at the time of entering the competition and still be this weight at the closing date. The “ideal weight” may be determined by a number of factors, further information on this regard can be found on www.petslimmer.co.za under the weight assessment area.
- The competition is open to all South African & Namibian residents over the age of 18. A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Hill's Pet Nutrition; or a supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition; and any of the aforegoing parties’ immediate family or partners are not eligible to enter.
- To enter this competition you must submit your completed and signed record card or electronic weight loss graph, a story / testimonial and reasonable quality “before” and “after” photographs of your pet. All entrants hereby agree that we may contact them telephonically, by e- mail and other reasonable means in relation to the competition and their entry.
- Once an entry has been submitted no further changes will be accepted.
- Incomplete entries or entries that do not adhere to the rules will be disqualified.
- Pets are only eligible to enter the competition once, regardless of whether their weight fluctuates and they meet target weight more than once.
- Entries must reach us by the closing date (15 August 2016). Proof of posting the entry will not be considered proof of receipt of such entry. Only entries actually received by us (and qualifying for entry in all other material manners) shall be eligible for the competition.
- Hill’s will select the finalists based on a combination of weight loss percentage, kilograms lost, quality of before and after photos, a pet’s life story and owner’s testimonial that demonstrate the ability to be an ambassador for Hill’s.
- Finalists will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement, 3 month's supply of Hill's food and a bottle of champagne to toast your pet's success. These prizes are not transferable for cash or alternative goods or services.
- Finalist’s entry information will be shared on www.petslimmer.co.za from the 1st October 2016. As the nature of the competition requires the publication of details and pictures of the pets and their owners and the disclosure in publications of the names of the aforementioned parties, it is a material term that you may not enter this competition if you are not prepared to have these details published. These details will be published on one or more of the following: our website, competition pages of our website, newspapers, magazines, trade publications and the like.
- A panel of judges will pick the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ambassadors out of the pool of finalists. There will be no public voting for finalists.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The 3 pets chosen by the judges will win their pet owners and their practice assisting staff member R10,000 for 1st place, R7,000 for 2nd place and R5,000 for 3rd place. The top pet as chosen by the judges will win the title of Hill’s Pet Ambassador of the Year for 2016.
- The results of the competition will be announced no later than the 1st November 2016. Winners will be notified telephonically and the winner’s details will be published on our website and the associated competition pages thereof.
- We are unable to return entries, photographs or testimonials. All photographs and testimonials submitted, and copyright therein, will become the property of Hill’s Pet Nutrition and may be used online, for advertising or public relations use.
- Any person may obtain a copy of these competition rules by contacting us on 0800 228783.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any factor(s) beyond the reasonable control of Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Hill’s reserves the right and the sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by the law to disqualify any entrant, finalist or winner and/or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition as appropriate.
I hereby accept the above terms and conditions and I am happy for my pet / client’s pet to be entered into the Hill’s Pet Slimmer Competition.
Trademark used under license by Hill's Pet Nutrition Inc 2016